BIRCOprime® | First-class sedimentation, all along the drainage
Rainwater treatment: Let's settle for sustainability!
BIRCOprime®, effective sedimentation directly in the drainage channel
Maximum retention, maximum sedimentation: With BIRCOprime®, BIRCO introduces a rainwater treatment system that cleans the water while it flows off. This particle sedimentation takes place invisibly directly inside the drainage channel system. This is because sedimentation in BIRCOprime® takes place via a weir system that is integrated into the channel
– without any chemical or biological treatment at all.
Rainwater can be contaminated with pollutants that should not enter our reservoirs and groundwater. A large proportion of these pollutants are bound in particles to so-called filterable substances (AFS). In most cases, filtration is not necessary, thanks to BIRCOprime® these substances are consistently separated through effective sedimentation.
- The water is channelled over rising weirs.
- In the process, sediments settle between the weir elements in the sedimentation chambers and are effectively retained.
- Oils and other light liquids are separated from the draining water by the retention unit.
- Maintenance is only required every 1-5 years and is very easy to manage.
- Water treatment installation through sedimentation in the drainage channel
- Sedimentation chambers with overflow weirs
- Vertical and horizontal outlet variants
- Quick installation, factory assembly and installation to EN1433 Type I standard
- Connected areas between 2000 and 7000 m², depending on the type of operation and required flow rate or efficiency
- Solids (AFS) and particle-bound pollutants are removed
- Retention of light liquids (oils, petrol, etc.)
- Proven purification performance based on the DIBt (German technical assessment institute) testing principles and according to DWA-M 153 and DWA-A 102 rainwater treatment recommendations.
- Maintenance only necessary every 1-5 years (depending on pollutant loads and connected area)
- Length: 4500 mm
- Width at top/bottom: 710/740 mm
- Height at tongue/groove: 1200/1200 mm
- Weight: 3900 kg
- Connection area: 2000 - 7000 m²
- Load class: A15 - E 600 (available in F 900 class on demand)